- Higher interest rate than the normal savings accounts
- Medical Insurance cover for the account holder*
- Life insurance cover for the account opening parent/guardian*
- Scholarships for Grade 5 Scholarship high achievers
- Specially designed Electronic Card
- Smart Passbook facility to view account balances and transactions
- Free SMS alerts
*These benefits are offered for a limited period specified by the Bank and subject to change periodically
- A parent/guardian may open an account for any child resident in Sri Lanka below 18 years of age
- Any minor between 16 and 18 years of age may open an account for him/herself
- Higher rate of Interest: 1.5% higher interest than the normal savings account rate (minimum interest is Rs. 5/- per month and interest margin may vary from time-to-time)
- Ran Kekulu Smart Insurance Scheme
◦ Surgical & hospitalisation cover for account holder
◦ Cover for hospitalisation due to accidents and 12 defined critical illnesses
◦ Benefit of up to Rs. 150,000/- per annum
◦ Minimum balance of Rs. 5,000/- should be continuously maintained for a minimum period of 12 months immediately prior to the incident
◦ Should have been admitted in hospital for a minimum of 24 hours, including one overnight stay
- Death (natural/accidental) and permanent disability (due to accidents) cover for the account opening Father/ Mother/ Guardian
◦ Maximum of Rs. 2.0Mn insurance cover
◦ Minimum balance of Rs. 50,000/- must be continuously maintained for a minimum period of 12 months immediately prior to the incident
◦ The account-opening parent/guardian is entitled to receive the benefits for a maximum of 3 accounts opened by him/her. Subject to a maximum benefit of Rs. 2.00 Mn.
Terms & Conditions -
• Insurance benefits are valid until the account holders are reach 18 years of age.
• Benefits offered may vary from time-to-time.
• Eligibility criteria defined by the Bank/insurance company should be met to receive benefits.
• The parent/guardian should be below 65 years of age at the time of the claim.
• Account holder should be below 18 years of age at the time of the claim.
• Benefits are paid, if and, when the claim is honoured by the insurance company and the benefit amounts may vary based on the nature and extent of the incident (subject to exclusions).
• Claims must be submitted to the bank within 6 months of the incident.
- Grade 5 Scholarship Scheme
2,000 scholarships for top achievers at the Grade 5 Scholarship Examination (scholarships value Rs. 15,000/-)
Terms & Conditions:
Minimum balance of Rs. 5000/- must be maintained in a Ran Kekulu account one day prior to the date of release of exam results.
- Original birth certificate of the child and a photocopy (original will be returned to the customer)
- National Identity Card of the parent/guardian or the minor (between 16 and 18 years of age)
- Proof of residence of the guardian (if residence is different from NIC address)
- Duly filled application
Terms and Conditions
- Bank of Ceylon reserves the right to change, add or revise any condition(s) and/or facility offered for any product or service. Call 1975 or visit the nearest BOC branch for information on current conditions
* The account will be automatically transferred to a Youth Savings Account upon the account holder reaching the age of 18 years of age
* Conditions apply